Shirahata + Hamann = SHIRAHAMA

KITTENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

M1GO Gorosaurus?


Thats what I though at first and ran off at the mouth then Yuji told me its the T-Rex from "The Last Dinosaur", known as "ポーラーボーラ" (Polar Borer) in Japan, released in 1977 as all things a television movie in the US and in the theaters in Japan, weird. I guess the studio thought it was just too cheesy to risk a theatrical release. Yuji asked if I remembered the movie and I didnt, not until I came home that is and checked YouTube, how did I forget. The main guy that wants to kill the T-Rex is a classic 70's bad movie actor named Richard Boone, he was in tons of crappy movies I watched as a kid. And the part where the borer is tossed into the bone pile is pretty awesome. But I digress, M1GO is releasing 2 colorways of the usual M1GO amazing quality vinyl of a standard size T-Rex figure in the next couple months, included will be a signed 8 x 10 glossy of "Hazel" , great name choice for a Japanese cavewoman, I am not sure about her real name, I need to go watch the movie again.

Hazel, yeah for cavewomen costumes!























Here is the Japanese poster for the movie, the DVD version anyway, its the same as the original but with the DVD logo, classic monster movie awesomeness.

























And if you are really adventerous here is a link to YouTube so you can see the amazing special effects and men in suits for yourself.



And a sidenote, this was co-produced by the people who made the "Animagic" classics, "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" , "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and others, Rankin and Bass, they even made "Thundercats" which I was stoked on in high school!

So, you should buy this if you are a freak who likes really bad dinosuar movies and then can't remember them, they will probably be pretty killer toys like they always are from M1GO.

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ the placement of the drill on the poster cover.

    it's funny that it was probably accidental.
    it's funny that it was probably on purpose.

    are american movies popular in japan?

    ReplyDelete